ENGAGING FAMILIES.MEETING NEEDS.GIVING HOPE.
We are a faith-based non-profit based in Lancaster County, PA, and founded by Solanco Pastor’s Fellowship. Solanco Neighborhood Ministries is 100% funded through generous donations from organizations, churches, local businesses, and of course, individuals.
God has allowed us a particular privilege in taking part in our neighbor’s lives when they are likely at their most vulnerable. Throughout this time, we do see immense trial and pain, but not without great courage and hope. It is our mission to make the hope of Jesus evident in the work that we do.
Our community was served well for many years by CAP (Community Action Program) as a central location to assess needs. Unfortunately, due to financial cut backs, in 2011, they were no longer able to serve in the same way. This left our churches in the Southern End without a central hub for meeting needs. In response to this dilemma the Solanco Pastor’s Fellowship appointed a task force to address the needs. A number of local churches committed to invest in this ministry, and Solanco Neighborhood Ministries was born.
To provide a support network, promote personal and spiritual growth, increase self-sufficiency, and break the cycle of poverty within our Solanco community.
1. We believe that we can achieve all things through Jesus Christ, and strive to exhibit His love and grace to every family regardless of current belief system.
2. We value the importance of family and the local church and the role each member plays.
3. We believe in a holistic approach that encourages spiritual, physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and financial growth.
4. We understand the importance of fostering connectedness in the community to increase family stability.
5. We expect humility, honesty, integrity, and respect from all staff, volunteers, and program participants.
6. We believe everyone has the ability to contribute to their community, regardless of past or present circumstances.
Left to Right: Titus McGrath, Tracy Fornwalt, Todd Capitao, John Hartman, Andy Pickens, Teresa Dolan
2021 S.N.M. Board of Directors
Titus McGrath, President/Chair (2019)
- Director of Operations, Black Rock Retreat
Tracy Fornwalt (2020)
- Co-owner, Morr Range
- Director of Financial Empowerment, Ann B. Barshinger Financial Empowerment Center, Tenfold
John Hartman, Secretary (2020)
- Lead Pastor, Chestnut Level Presbyterian Church
Andy Pickens, Vice President/Vice Chair, Treasurer (2018)
- Associate Pastor, Faith Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Executive Director, Solanco Neighborhood Ministries