ENGAGING FAMILIES.MEETING NEEDS.GIVING HOPE.
We are a faith-based non-profit based in Lancaster County, PA, and founded by Solanco Pastor’s Fellowship. Solanco Neighborhood Ministries is 100% funded through generous donations from organizations, churches, local businesses, and of course, individuals.
God has allowed us a particular privilege in taking part in our neighbor’s lives when they are likely at their most vulnerable. Throughout this time, we do see immense trial and pain, but not without great courage and hope. It is our mission to make the hope of Jesus evident in the work that we do.
Our community was served well for many years by CAP (Community Action Program) as a central location to assess needs. Unfortunately, due to financial cut backs, in 2011, they were no longer able to serve in the same way. This left our churches in the Southern End without a central hub for meeting needs. In response to this dilemma the Solanco Pastor’s Fellowship appointed a task force to address the needs. A number of local churches committed to invest in this ministry, and Solanco Neighborhood Ministries was born.
Engaging families. Meeting needs. Giving hope.
To provide a support network, promote personal and spiritual growth, increase self-sufficiency, and break the cycle of poverty within our Solanco community.
1. We believe that we can achieve all things through Jesus Christ, and strive to exhibit His love and grace to every family regardless of current belief system.
2. We value the importance of family and the local church and the role each member plays.
3. We believe in a holistic approach that encourages spiritual, physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and financial growth.
4. We understand the importance of fostering connectedness in the community to increase family stability.
5. We expect humility, honesty, integrity, and respect from all staff, volunteers, and program participants.
6. We believe everyone has the ability to contribute to their community, regardless of past or present circumstances.
Our Board of Directors
Back row (l-r): Andy Pickens, Ben Miller, Titus McGrath
Front row: Teresa Dolan, Erin Parrish
Not shown- Todd Capitao
Titus McGrath, Board President
Erin Parrish, Area Director for Young Life
Todd Capitao, Director of Financial Empowerment at Tabor Community Services
Todd has been focused on empowering people in various service oriented organizations for nearly 30 years. He has volunteered at Tabor Community Services and other various nonprofits for the last 15 years, teaching financial education workshops. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College in Bible and minors in Church Ministries and Photography. He comes in with over 13 years banking experience which includes extensive knowledge in lending and credit products. He is married and has two adult children. Todd attends and serves at Millersville Bible Church where he has been a member for nearly 20 years.
Andy Pickens, Associate Pastor of Faith Reformed Presbyterian Church in Quarryville
Andy is grateful that Faith Church has supported Solanco Neighborhood Ministries (from the beginning), enabling them to reach out with the love of Christ in meeting the spiritual and physical needs of our neighbors in the Southern End. He is excited to see churches come together through SNM to engage families and meet their needs by showing the grace and hope that is in Jesus Christ.