Keeping your family safe is a top priority for us. One time per winter season, we can match up to $300 what you have personally budgeted and paid towards your fuel bill. We can also help you apply for LIHEAP funds to help you and your family pay for oil, gas or whatever fuel is needed to keep your home warm and comfortable.
If you need help, come to SNM and meet with our volunteers*. They will collect information about your income, expenses, household members, and other needs besides heat.
Things to bring along:
- Proof of income, if applicable (pay stubs, SS, SSI, SSD, child support, etc.)
- Recent bank statement
- Photo ID
- Proof of address, if not on income or bank statements (utility bill, lease agreement, etc.)
- Receipt from recent payment to fuel company (or name of fuel company so we can verify payment)
*You should first apply for the LIHEAP program, which runs November-March. There are 3 ways to apply for LIHEAP:
- You can apply online at compass.state.pa.us
- You can download an application and mail it in (http://www.dhs.pa.gov/citizens/heatingassistanceliheap/)
- You can apply in person at the county assistance office
If you need help applying online, give us a call to schedule an appointment. Bring along the items listed above.